Traditionally, data and research companies acquired their information through social sites like Facebook. However, the ethics society rendered this act illegal because the companies did not seek permission to use the data from the people providing it. For this reason, companies started issuing surveys to willing participants through internet sites. However, this move was not as effective because the surveys took a lot of time to complete, and most people did not see the need to sacrifice their time. To solve this problem, research companies like Qmee have adopted a trend known as paid surveys.
A paid survey is when you get paid, mostly in the form of points or rewards, for completing a survey. Qmee is a free application designed for mobile phones and desktop devices. It was established in 2012 and has its headquarters in London and the UK. Qmee operates in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia at the moment, but there are plans to expand operations to other nations. It is uniquely designed with brands and users’ needs in mind.
At Qmee, you can earn money when you share your opinion on brands by taking surveys. What makes Qmee stand out is the fact that you can take their surveys both on computers and mobile phones. On the platform, you also get to earn when you shop through coupons and deals on items, hence helping you save money.
- Offers a few ways to earn
- Has a decent amount of surveys and is fairly easy to use
- Has an app that makes it easy to use on the go
- Only available in US, CA, UK, and AU
In A Hurry?
Things to Consider Before Joining Qmee
At Qmee, you will get rewarded for sharing your opinions, searches, and your purchases. Before you get to the part about getting rewards, you need to know the following:
- Qmee is a free browser, as well as a mobile application. It allows you to get cash rewards for simply sharing your opinions and interacting with some of your favourite brands.
- Downloading the Qmee browser extension or mobile app means that you will be allowing the company access to every site you visit online and all your searches.
- To partake in the paid surveys by Qmee, you have to download the free mobile app. Each survey you complete on Qmee earns you a cash reward. The site offers a variety of surveys fit for different profiles. Qmee.com makes sure to find the best surveys that fit your profile so that you do not have to skip on making money.
- For each of the Qmee surveys you take, you get money, which is added to a personal piggy bank in real-time.
- There is no minimum cash out on your money at Qmee.com. This means that you can use your rewards at any time regardless of the amount in your piggy bank.
Features and Benefits
- How to Get Started
To get started on Qmee, you first have to download the service. If you plan to use it on your desktop, you have to download it as a browser extension. However, if you prefer to use it on your phone, you have to download it from the app store. Of the two, I prefer the browser extension, but the app works well too. Both of them are free.
Installing the Qmee browser extension or app means that your browsing experience and your searches are augmented. This means that Qmee will be able to access the sites you visit and your online searches. You also have to create an account through which you can check your earnings and access the paid surveys and links for a referral. When creating an account, you will be asked to give details like name, email address, and PayPal account for payment.
- What Happens Once You Have Installed Qmee on Your Phone or Desktop
Once you have installed the application or the extension, each time you search for something like a product using your browser, an additional set of results appears on the left of the screen. The additional results are from Qmee. If you choose to go through the results from Qmee and make purchases from there, your earning potential is increased. If you also choose not to make purchases but just to browse, you also may get paid. It is almost impossible to not to make any points when you click on the search results from Qmee instead of your browser. In my case, I got 6 points just for clicking on a link from Qmee. The 6 points translate to 8 cents.
However, in the off chance, you do not get money through the above methods, you still benefit from the fact that you get to access the voucher codes that will help you save some money.
Qmee works on browsers like Google, eBay, Amazon, Bing, and Walmart, just to name a few. You can download the app for free on the App Store or Google Play.
- How Can you Make Money on Qmee?
There are three main ways through which you can make money on Qmee:
- Paid Surveys
One of the main ways through which you can earn money from Qmee is by taking Qmee Surveys. The surveys are available both on your laptop and mobile phone. To access the surveys, you have to open the site on your gadget. There are several surveys that you can take. However, you have to be keen about doing ones for which you are not qualified because you risk disqualification. You only get paid once you have completed a survey for which you are qualified. The more surveys you complete successfully, the more your earnings keep increasing.
You also get some extra cash when you shop from sites that are suggested by Qmee. In addition to the points you make from shopping, you can also save on your spending through the coupons and deals that Qmee will bring to your attention. Qmee will give you access to better deals so that you do not have to click on several sites to compare prices. Additionally, with Qmee, you do not have to worry about buying many items to get points. The fact that there is no minimum cash out means that you get to get points regardless of the amount of shopping you do. You also get access to your earnings at any time.
To earn with Qmee, you don’t only have to make purchases for physical items. You can also get rewards from buying intangible items like internet service. For instance, if you are looking to get a new internet provider, Qmee will provide you with links to the best of the best. Each time you choose an option from Qmee instead of one from your browser, you earn a few new points.
With Qmee, you also have the chance to earn cash by simply searching for items or information on your favourite websites. Qmee does not restrict your earnings to specific websites. All you need to do is use the options by Qmee, which will appear on the left side of your screen every time you search for information or a product. Clicking on the links provided by Qmee means that you are allowing them access to your searches. The information will be used to benefit both brands and their customers. For this reason, you are paid to give Qmee access to your searches. You get the point that translates to actual cash each time you clock on the results that catch your eyes.
You can also earn some extra cash on Qmee by referring friends. This is one of the best ways to drive some usable cash using Qmee. After you have logged in on the site, you will get a referral link that you can send to as many friends as you like. There is no limit! However, you do not get the cash by simply sending the link. You only earn when your friends use the link to join Qmee and partake in what the site has to offer. In my opinion, the amount of cash you can earn from referrals on Qmee is much more than what you earn from taking surveys.
While researching for this Qmee review, I learned that the best way to earn some good cash on the site is by actually trying out all the methods mentioned above. I also looked at a review or more on the internet that supports my notion. For instance, by clicking on a link, you can earn between 0.5-1 dollars. If you buy a product, you get between 0.8-1.2 dollars, and you get a dollar for referring someone and around 0.8 dollars for completing a survey. Individually, it may not seem like much. However, you can increase your earning potential by taking part in all the methods mentioned above. You don’t have to worry about getting paid in anything other than cash via PayPal.
- Is Qmee a Threat to Your Privacy?
- When you sign up for Qmee, you have to agree to some terms and conditions. In the terms, the company makes it clear that some data will be sent to them when installing the app and extension.
- Some of the data that is sent back to the company from the apps and extensions include your search terms, product views, and retail sites.
- Also, when you click on a link provided by Qmee, the app will send your browsing activity on the specific web page and the amount of time spent on the site. This helps them to ensure that users who are rewarded have a real interest on the site and are not just clicking on it for the reward.
- Qmee servers only track the activity on the sites you click and nothing else.
- Also, all the communication between the apps and Qmee servers is encrypted, hence no one can access them.
- Qmee does not store any data about your general browsing habits, but only your search terms on websites clicked directly from a Qmee result for a limited period.
- The app does not operate privately and is 100% respectful of privacy settings on your browser.
- The app does not access or tamper with any of your browser settings.
After going through the terms and conditions, I was more at ease. However, when it comes to taking the surveys, the case is different. For surveys, the platform may need you to share some private information like name address. However, the choice of whether to take the surveys or not is entirely yours, and the company does not impose the surveys on you.
Below are some things that make Qmee stand out:
- Qmee allows you to make money in more than one way. This is not the case with most sites of its kind.
- Qmee is very easy to navigate.
- The points you earn from Qmee directly translate into cash. This is unlike other sites that pay you with a gift card and gifts. You can redeem the cash after converting the points, and this is better than getting a gift card. The money from Qmee goes directly to your PayPal account.
- Qmee is accessible both through phone and computer.
While researching for this Qmee review, I stumbled upon some consumer Qmee reviews that appeared quite positive. Some of the comments that reviewers had about Qmee is that it allows them to make cash in a variety of ways. Some reviewers are still sceptical about the privacy issues, which is understandable. Hopefully, this Qmee review will shine a light on the truth about the privacy matter. 6
You no longer need to worry about taking surveys for data and research companies with no reward. Qmee will pay you for your opinions. Qmee will also pay for shopping and searching for content online. If you are looking to make some extra money online by doing some easy work, Qmee is the way to go.